The iPhone 6S Plus lightning connector is an 8 pin connector and can be inserted with either side facing up. The iPhone 6S Plus lightning connector and headphone jack has multiple functionalities. It contains the charging port, dual microphone and a headphone jack. So if you are getting any of iPhone 6S Plus connector problems, it might cause issue with mic and headphone jack.
Some of the common issues with iPhone 6S Plus related to these parts are:
- An error message appears “This accessory is not optimized for this iPhone”. This happens when Lightning connector of the iPhone has dirt, lint, or damaged pins.
- iPhone not charging.
- Charging the phone working only when iPhone aligned in particular way.
- Microphone is not working.
- Distorted audio through headphones.
- Failure of headphones detection.
- USB cable no longer recognizing iPhone 6S Plus.
- Broken pin in the connector.
How to maintain in future:
- Avoid using duplicate cables to charge your phone and use original one.
- Clean the dock connector very carefully with a tooth pick or soft toothbrush to clean the dust trapped.
- Keep your iPhone away from wet surfaces, as water may enter through grills causing problem with these parts.