There are five physical switches on the iPhone 4S, including a home button near the display that returns the user to the home screen, 1 button at top for wake/sleep and 2 buttons on the sides: volume up and down. IPhone 4S also have a software-controlled switch whose function is for volume control. In case of iPhone 4S Home Button problems, this might help you out.
Some of the common issues with iPhone 4S related to Home Button are:
- Home button not working 100% of the time.
- Home button not clicking properly.
- Home button ribbon cable damaged while replacing screen.
How to maintain in future:
- Cleaning the home button regularly to avoid dust or dirt trapping in the spaces in between.
- Always remember to not to push the home button with a lot of force.
- In case you are getting your iPhone’s screen replaced, ask the technician to be careful with ribbon cables of home button to avoid any damage to home button.